There has been a lot of shuffling and snowballs being thrown the last day or two and it’s not over yet. This latest snow storm from what I have read was/is suppose to effect something like 100,000,000 people and seems to be doing just that. The latest update that I just did shows a lot of date records for yesterday being broken. Below are a few of the bigger cities that set snow records for yesterday. Most likely there are going to be a lot more set today when the afternoon snow updates come in later this afternoon from the National Weather Service.
Erie, Pa has cushioned their lead over the rest of us, for now anyways. For a lot of the cities the overnight snow totals, today’s snow hasn’t been reported yet so without a doubt there is going to be a whole lot more shuffling going on when I get the next snow totals updated. It’s going to be interesting to see how Boston and Worcester do with this storm after just getting pounded by the blizzard not too long ago. Stay Safe All and Stay Tuned, it’s getting really interesting.
Several Cities That Had Snow Records Broken 2/1/2015
* Grand Rapids, Michigan set a date record today with 8.8 inches of snow and counting breaking the old record of 6.1 set back in 2011.
* South Bend, Indiana set a date record with 14.7 inches breaking the old of 8.4 set in 2011.
* Fort Wayne, Indiana – set a date record with 9.0 breaking the old of 4.9 2011
* Flint, Michigan – set a date record with 8.0 breaking the old of 6.8 set way back in 1967
* Detroit, Michigan – set a date record with 13.7 inches of snow breaking the old of 9.8 set in 1881
* Milwaukee, Wisconsin – new record of 10.4 inches of snow breaking the old of 9.0 from way, way back in 1915
*Chicago, Illinois – seat a date record with 16.2 inches breaking the old record of 13.6 set in 2011
I’ll be keeping this post updated as the snow storm hitting the North East continues throughout the day. Have an Awesome day all and stay safe